Maya's first sign and crawling!!
So Maya is now about 9 1/2 months old and just last week she started crawling! She has the cutest crawl I have ever seen! When she first started, she didn't even really move her knees forward one at a time...she just sort of pulled herself forward with her hands and wiggled her lower half so her knees slid forward. Now she is actually moving her legs too. Everywhere we go people tell us she is the calmest, most laid back baby they have ever seen. She manages to stay so sweet and peaceful even with all the commotion around her from having a 2 year old sister!
Her other exciting news is that she did her first sign yesterday! She can do the sign for milk. To the best of our remembrance, Madison started to sign "milk" around 10 months, so this is right about the age when we would expect it according to Madison's precedent. It's so exciting when she can "tell" us what she wants! We are working on teaching her more signs now that she is developmentally able.
The other night I was reading Madison a bedtime story - a Noah's Ark book that Linda had given her when Maya was born. We came to a page that had some crabs on it and Madison made her hands like crabclaws and started to open and close them. She said "This is what crabs do! They pinch you!" I had never talked about crabs with her, so I asked her who told her about crabs, thinking maybe they had learned it at school or something. She said "Aunt "Diduh" I guess." I told Linda about it and she said that indeed they had talked about that 9 MONTHS ago! She has a good little memory!
I adore these girls. I can't think of anything better than getting to be their mom!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home