Dreams...
It is so interesting to me how elements of our daily lives get woven into our dreams so seamlessly. Last night I dreamed that I was in a gymnastics class - as a pregnant, adult student! (I had taken my girls to gymnastics yesterday, so that is obviously where that came from). Anyway, this guy in my class kept coming up to me, taking both of his index fingers and giving me a sharp poke in both sides of my protruding belly - so hard that it hurt! I protested and told him to stop and leave me alone, but he kept doing it, never making a comment or reaction to my yelling. So I went up to the coach of the class and told her that he kept poking me. What did she do? She proceeded to poke me as well, also painfully in the same place. I was yelling at her to stop, but she just looked at me with this blank stare and kept doing it. Where on earth did that come from, you may ask? Well, about that time, I woke up from my dream to feel my baby kicking or pushing or hitting in those exact locations that were being poked in my dream! It was amazing because I was awake but was experiencing the same sensation I was feeling in my dream. Maybe it's just the latent psychologist in me, but the mind/body connection just fascinates me.

1 Comments:
I thought your dream was funny and interesting. Hope the baby is feeling great--I'm sure she is dreaming too.
My dog had bad dreams after she was mugged by another dog 3 x her size. Now she just dreams that she is eating and making chewing food--probably eating all the human food she is not supposed to be eating.
Love you and your web site!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home