Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shot days are yucky!!

Yesterday Madison had to get shots for her annual checkup. FIVE shots, to be exact. It was a nightmare. We spent so much time BEFORE the doctor's office talking about how she would be brave when the doctor has to check her height, weight, ears, eyes, throat, and heart "beep". She was really psyched up to be brave. I was very proud of her because she did so well - these have been very trying exercises for her in the past! But then the doctor checks her record and says she needs 5 shots! Ugh! I considered just taking her home and scheduling a "shots-only" visit for next week so she could just have a good experience yesterday. The doc was agreeable to whatever I wanted, but thought it would probably be best to just get it over with, instead of having her come just for the painful part.

Let me tell you, it is a mother's worst nightmare to have to hold your child down while someone inflicts pain on her!! I just hate it. Madison was screaming hysterically "Stop it! Stop it!" and looking at me like I am the biggest traitor in the world. For hours after the visit she would periodically cry and yell out in rage that she felt. Even this morning she woke up saying it still hurt. Sigh... The good news is she has no more shots until she's 11!! Maybe by then they'll just have a pill she can take. :) And now, I just have Maya's 4 year shots to look forward to in a couple of years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page