Friday, September 14, 2007

T Minus 3 months!!!

Well, September 14th...that means 3 months until DECEMBER 14th and our world turns upside down again! I can't wait. I told some people this story, but I think it bears repeating in my blog... Last week I went to the doctor for my checkup and he was lecturing me because I have gained 12 pounds in the first 6.5 months. By this point in my other pregnancies I had gained over 40 pounds, so I had gone in there feeling pretty good about my progress!! I just said "Ok. I'll try not to gain anymore" but couldn't help but roll my eyes when he left the room. Anyway, I know he's right, and I am going to try to be really good for this last part of my pregnancy and not gain much more - then maybe I'll actually come out "ahead" when the baby is born!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Bertie said...

Hey Monica!!

Are you serious?? 12 pounds and you got lectured?? Yeah- I'm rolling my eyes too!! - and you only have 3 months left?Whoo-hoo for a new baby girl soon!

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Karie said...

It amazes me that a doctor can practice for so many years and realize that gaining weight during a pregnancy is not only normal but more healthy (of course if it's weight gained off of healthy food and not junk food). It irritates me that they think there is a "specific" weight a woman should be at during pregnancy. My midwife didn't care what I gained as long as I was eating good food (she tracked what I ate, and interestingly enough I ate better than I ever did). I gained 40 lbs. You are so patient not say anything back to him!!! :o) No matter what you look healthy and awesome!!! I can't wait to see "mini-me #3" when she comes out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page