New Way to Keep Maddy Busy!
Today I was trying to get a couple of things done, so I had the brilliant idea of telling Madison "Why don't you write out the whole ABC's for me?" So she got a paper and pencil and busily started writing all the letters she knew. It was so funny because I would hear her sing a few letters, stop and write the letter she was on. Then start singing from "A" again until she got to the next letter. The first time she asked for help was when she got to K. I reminded her how to make a K, and then I heard her go back in the other room and after a few seconds, the singing resumed... "A B C D E F G H I J K ELEMENOHPEE..." Then she came running into the kitchen and asked "Mom, how do I write ELEMENOHPEE???" I remember when I thought that was all one letter as a kid, too! :) It's funny that she knows all of those letters individually (many of them are in her name that she has been writing for 2 years!) but the song just makes them sound like one!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home