Monday, September 17, 2007

Thank thee...

Madison and Maya are at the point now where they both want to be the one to say the blessing on the food or say the family prayer. So lately we have been having a lot of double prayers. For awhile, Maya didn't catch on that she was always second - now she wants to be first too, so I've been trying to alternate who gets to say the prayer first and who says it second. I know this can't go on when I have 3 or 4 kids that all want to say the prayer every time! But hey, as long as they want to say it, I certainly don't want to discourage it!

Well tonight, Maddy got to go first for the prayer before dinner and Maya was saying "I'm going to pray after Maddy! I'm going to pray after Maddy!" So, dear Madison (little stinker!) says in her prayer "And thank thee that no one will say a prayer after me..." Amazingly enough, it actually happened... As soon as the amens were said, Maya started eating and didn't say one word about saying the prayer (until it was time for bedtime prayers, then we started all over again!)

5 Comments:

At 10:48 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

That is so funny! I can relate X3 or 4! I love the fact that it's a competition as to who gets to say the prayer at at the dinner table. It's a lot better than having asking someone and them saying "I don't want to say it..." Which I heard a lot growing up. Anyway, your little girls are so georgous. I love their curly hair and their big brown eyes. I love blogging and now we can keep in touch a little better. I haven't really talked to you since you've been pregnant, but super congrats on your next little girls! Lots of hormones in your family. Poor Warren! Nancy

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Warren's Blog said...

Thanks for the sympathy, Nancy. I've always been outnumbered. It seems I'm destined to be surrounded by girls.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you're such a great storyteller. i love to read all about the girls.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Oh, these are great stories you've put here Monica...love them! This story of the prayers is so darn sweet! Looking forward to more!!!
Deb

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger James Kirby said...

Your girls are so cute! I can just imagine the whole scene.

I, too, was a prayer addict in my day... and there was plenty of supplication to "shoot-up" since--as Nancy duly noted--there was a always a fresh storage of "don't want to" in the Snideman home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page