Thursday, September 20, 2007

Learning not to interfere...

Today Madison had a little friend over to play. They have been upstairs playing quietly for 2 hours!! Amazing. Anyway, I overheard this little exchange about 30 minutes ago:

Madison: "You're never coming to my house again!!"

Friend: "You're not coming to my house either."

So, to avoid any hurt feelings, I called upstairs "Girls... it sounds like I am hearing some unfriendly words being said...We need to be sure to use friendly words with each other!"

To which Madison indignantly replied "Mom!! We're just playing pretend with our dolls and that's what the naughty kids were saying!"

Oops! Next time maybe I'll try not to jump in so quickly.

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

That is so funny, Monica. I've interupted the same kind of "play time" too before. It's kind of funny that even at such a young age it's "fun to be bad" - even if it's just pretend.

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

oh my gosh, hilarious

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

What a crack up! That Maddy has quite the imagination doesn't she?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page