Catch-up on Maya-isms
Well, my poor blog has really suffered at the hands of Facebook. That's where I've started putting pictures, comments, etc. about our daily lives! But I really want to keep up with blogging too, since it seems more of a permanent record, and I eventually want to make a book out of the blogs for my kids.
Anyway, Nana Debbie pointed out the lack of Maya-isms lately, so here are a couple for those interested!
Friday I took the kids for ice cream after school, which they were VERY pleased about. Maddy said "Mom, you are the best mom ever! If I could pick any mom in the world, I would pick you!" To which Maya added, "Yeah Mom. Me too. Even if I looked at all the other moms, and they were really beautiful, and had lots of really beautiful necklaces and earrings and toenails, I would still pick you." Wow! Now that's love. :)
Today, when I picked Maya up from her Primary class, she ran out of the room shouting "Mom! Mom!! I wasn't mean to anyone! I wasn't mean to the kids or the teacher or anyone! Whoo-hoo!!" Not that Maya has a big reputation for being mean, but we have been talking a lot about being kind to others, so I guess that's how she interpreted it. To a bystander, it probably sounded like we set the bar pretty low in our family!

3 Comments:
Love it! Have missed your blogging!
I've got to thank you for coming back here to share your girls cute conversations! Kids really do say the darnest things!! What precious girls you have! I've got my smile going bigtime.
OK, have to say that Maya picking you over someone with really beautiful earrings, necklaces AND toenails...well Monica, you must've done somethingn pretty special yourself to deserve those preciious girls coming to your home. Hug them for me!!!
Nana Debbie
I'm going to have to second that comment on missing your blogging. I miss it to. Facebook is alright but to me it is often just a glorified form of texting and I miss getting the real details and feel of my friends lives through their blogs, which seem to be more poignant and personal (of course I could use the world that Shauna P. used "wastebook!" LOL, oh well). I still check your blog often, waiting for those funny tidbits of your sweet girls. They are so funny! Never a dull moment in your house I'm sure. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home