Halloween Festivities
So the kids had a great time at all of the Halloween festivities this year! I posted some of these pics on Facebook, but there are some new ones too.
They wore their costumes to school one day. They had matching orange fairy costumes that I loved!
Maya also had "Wacky Hair Day" one day - so she wanted goofy little sprouts in her hair with purple color. It was funny because by the end of the day it looked even "wackier" because one of the sprouts came undone, so it was a big pigtail on one side, and sprouts around the rest of her head. Very funny!
These are some of the kids in Maddy's kindergarten class. I loved Dracula's pose on the end! Maddy loves her kindergarten friends.
That evening we went to the trunk or treat at the church. Maddy's friend Kimmy came with us, then we dropped her back at her house so she could trick or treat with her family. Maddy decided to be Belle for trick or treating instead of the orange fairy. And Macy was a cute little pumpkin, but refused to wear the stem hat on her head!
My favorite pic of the three girls below:
Maddy and Kimmy getting their picture taken on the candy walk.
My friend Kris helping Maddy make a candy necklace:
And my nephew Nathen also came and joined us for the trunk (and trick) or treating! He LOVED all the candy.
So I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween - I LOVE all the candy and treats, but HATE what it does to my numbers on the scale! The kids get SOOO much candy trick or treating, but we only let them have one or two pieces a day...so it sits around the house for weeks, and guess who eats it? Yep, me! So this year we taught the kids about the "Switch Witch." She is sort of like the Tooth Fairy, but only comes on Halloween. You can decide how much candy you want to leave her and then she comes in the middle of the night and takes your candy and leaves you a toy! The more candy you leave her, the better the toy you get! The girls decided to leave her all their candy except for 5 or 6 of their favorite pieces. They both were hoping for a remote control car, and the Switch Witch delivered!! They were both very happy with their bargain, and can't wait until the Switch Witch comes back next year. :) Since Halloween fell on a Friday, the candy is still around somewhere until Warren can take it to work - but I made him hide it from me really well, and so far I have not come across it!!
Now I'm ready for some turkey!!! I love the holiday season and am so glad it's finally here!!

9 Comments:
i LOVE your idea of the switch witch! what a great idea! i'll have to remember that for next year. :) the girls are so cute! :)
The girls' costumes are beautiful!! I love Maya's crazy hair day...she's so doggone cute!
I agree with Nicole...love the idea of a Switch Witch. The girls totally look happy with their 'gift'!!
Way to go Warren for keeping the candy out of Monica's site! Your dedication to getting stronger and healthier is awesome Monica...don't give up with all the holiday goodies. You are doing great!!
The "Switch witch" is a great idea especailly with taking the candy to work so that all my co workers can look as well-rouonded as I do.
So I tried the Switch Witch with my boys last night. They asked me to leave their new HP laptops on their desk where they would leave their bags of candy. I told them we would do more laps at the park instead. I guess it only works on the young.
Tell them that you don't want to make the Switch Witch mad. She might switch their candy for a bags of sand.
Haha - that made me laugh! Yeah, kids get a little more savvy as they get older! Karie H. did it with her kids and it was a rousing success. I guess there's a certain age limit. :)
I love the switch witch. Did you make it up, Monica?
I'm totally gonna do it! What a great idea. I know my kids will give their candy away for a new toy!
ok, could these girls be any cuter??
i love the fairy costumes...LOVE EM!
Your girls are soo cute and Macy is getting so big! Erin has the same shirt Maddy does in the last picture:) I love their curls- and I wish Erin's hair would hold some semblance of a curl- but, she takees after me. Someday:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home