Thursday, October 16, 2008

BRONZE!!

So, no surprise, USA beat Turkey by a large margin - 134-88
http://www.worldbridge.org/tourn/Beijing.08/Asp/knockoutphase.asp?qtournid=706&qphase=PO

So, my mom's team won the bronze medal! I know she'll be disappointed with the way things turned out in the semifinals, but they were still third in the WORLD! I highly doubt I will ever be third in the world at anything!!

The finals between China and England will finish tonight (BTW, England is killing China - 141-58), and then they'll have closing ceremonies the next day, and then she'll head home - I can't wait! I miss her. And I can't wait to hear all the exciting details of the competition that you don't get to see in the results postings.

I am so proud of her. I know, I know, I've said that a hundred times already!
Congratulations, Mom, and all of Team USA!

5 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warren gives you the gold for best mother in the world! Ask him when the ceremonies are!

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

THIRD....WOW!

seriously awesome!!

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

tell her CONGRATULATIONS!!! It has been fun hearing all the news through your blog... I agree with you that very few people can claim being third in the world at anything! Congratulations again!

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

Awesome! We were pullin' for her! ;)

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Karie said...

Ok, being the non-competitive person I am, bronze ROCKS!!!! (Ken would differ, gold is the only medal that any athlete wants right? LOL). Serioulsy, I just think it's so cool how far your mom got. Amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page