Saturday, May 16, 2009

2nd Swim Meet

I was so proud of Maddy today! In the freestyle she went from 2:28 to a scorching 0:55 seconds!! This time she didn't touch or hang on the rope even once! And in the backstroke she went from a 2:20 to a 1:02! Massive improvement in both! She was very excited to receive a heat ribbon for each race. Now if we can just get her to actually use her arms consistently when she swims, I think we'll see our next big jump. Go Maddy!

One funny thing that happened - she was in a 4 person relay race, and she was the 3rd swimmer. So when she touched the side of the pool to finish her length, everyone yelled "Go, go!" to the next swimmer. Well, Maddy thought they were talking to her, so when the 4th girl starts down the lane, there's Maddy also, starting to head back to the other side! Everyone starts yelling "No, no! Come back!!" but Maddy kept swimming, at least 1/4 or 1/3 of the length of the pool before she noticed someone motioning for her to stop and go back. Soooo funny!!

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Blogger Anna-Lisa said...

That's awesome, it's amazing how much she improved. I think I saw that relay, but didn't realize it was Maddy--it was totally cute!

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Love these stories Monica! I remember my girls doing swim team but I have zero stories...not that I would've blogged back then, I don't do it now, but maybe I would've been better at keeping a record of their activities.
You do a great job!

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Kevin Hakney said...

Very good website. I liked it very much

Donate a Car California
California Car Donation Charity

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page