Monday, June 18, 2007

AAAHHHRRR!!! I'm a pirate!!!

What a fun day we had today!! We took the fast ferry into Hyannis this morning and went on a "Pirate Adventure." The kids wore eye patches and pirate vests and boarded this great pirate ship. The crew were all pirates and kept the kids well-entertained with all kinds of pirate fun at the front of the boat. We were looking for buried treasure, so the kids found the map that was hidden on the ship. On our way out to Pirate's Cove, they found a bottle with a message in it. Then we came across a hostile pirate, and the kids all manned the water cannons and blasted at him! Finally we arrived at the place where the treasure was buried - in the water! There was an x floating in the water, and the treasure was sunken down below, tethered by a long rope. The kids hoisted the treasure into the boat and grabbed all they could of the booty (lots of little plastic toys). The cutest thing of all was Maya walking around all day swinging her arm in front of her and saying "AAARRRRHHH I'm a pirate!!!" in this deep, gruff voice.

Then we took a cab over to the Cape Cod Potato Chip factory. The tour was not much to speak of - you just walk down this hallway where there are all kinds of facts posted about the potato chip process, and windows where you can look in, but really can't see much more than potato chips going down a conveyor belt. Anyway, we bought a couple of bags for fun and headed back to the ferry. We took the slow ferry home and spent the time playing cards, walking around and petting all the dogs that people had brought on the boat, and playing Mother, May I? and Red Light/Green Light.

We were supposed to all go out for a nice lobster dinner tonight, but since Maya had not napped AT ALL, there is no way she would have made it through dinner. Maddy was pretty tired too. As much as I would have liked a nice lobster dinner with everyone, I said I would stay home and put the kids to bed. I am pretty darn tired myself, since Maya woke me up at 5:30 this morning!! I told Warren to bring me back something delicious and chocolate for dessert, so we'll see what he brings! Tomorrow we are taking a big fishing trip - Dad rented out two boats for us, and Twi and Jenny volunteered to stay home and take care of the kids, so I figure I'll have my fun kid-free excursion tomorrow! I really had a good time today, though, and I know Warren will be posting some awesome pics on the other blog when we get home.

AAAHHHHRRR!!! I'm tired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page