I love Nantucket!
Aaaaahhhh....what a wonderful day! We had a lazy morning, kids playing and doing bubbles with Grandma Twi out on the porch, reading, having leisurely breakfast, etc. A lot of the group slept in pretty late because we were up late last night! Then Twi, Cara and I rode our bikes into town. It was the most beautiful day!! Sun was shining, cool and breezy...perfect weather. We found a bike shop where we could rent a bike for Cody, and then Dad drove Cody over and he rode with us. We got some ice cream and did a little last minute Father's Day shopping. I got a Nantucket cribbage set for Dad and a Nantucket cap and salt water taffy for Warren - nothing major. Then we rode back. I don't think I've been on a bike since the MS 150, so my bottom was pretty sore from the ride yesterday and then today. We probably rode about 10-12 miles today. Plus it was an extra workout for me because I was pulling Madison in the cart! We came back and Madison had fallen asleep so she took a nap for a couple of hours. I went into the theater room to read and promptly fell asleep myself, for about an hour and a half. It was heavenly. Warren came and woke me up when it was time to leave for dinner. We had a nice meal with everyone out on the patio of a restaurant called "Brotherhood of Thieves" - kind of a weird name but decent food. The best part of course was the company. It's fun to be all together. Madison provided entertainment with some of her jokes. ("How do you make a tissue dance?" --- "Put a little boogie in it!!") We came back and all went into the pool and hottub. (I couldn't go in the hottub since I'm pregnant, but Cara, Madison, Cody and I went in the pool, while Amanda, Serena, Gary, Tessa, Jenny and Twi hung out in the hot tub. Madison has become quite the little swimmer! She would stay out there all day and night if I would let her. The problem is she is a little too brave - sometimes she'll swim out to me without warning me, so I need to pay attention at all times! Tomorrow we may be able to go to church - I found out when and where it is, but forgot to pack dresses for the girls and Warren didn't bring church clothes either. So we may just show up as a grungy group! I guess that's better than not going at all! We'll see. Then Tuesday Dad arranged a couple of fishing boats to take us out fishing! We're all excited about that. I love vacation...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home