Friday, February 1, 2008

Remodeling

We've been busy doing stuff to the house! Warren teases me because every time we have a baby, it seems like I want to do some major overhaul to the house.

We moved Maya into Madison's room and bought them a bunkbed to share. Madison sleeps on top and climbs up into her bed on the right side. We loved this bed because it's so fun for the girls and it matched the room colors perfectly! Our friend does vinyl lettering and she put their names and the phrase "Home is where our story begins" on the bed. You may have to click on the picture to enlarge it if you want to see the lettering - doesn't show up very well with the glare.

Below are some pictures of the new baby's room. If you saw this room before, it was a weird green on the bottom, with an outdated border in the middle and and a pepto-bismal pink on top. It was always a disaster with tons of toys all over the floor, with no organization. So we had our contractor build in this storage area which I love! Now we have no more toys on the floor!! The seat area under the window is actually a huge toychest and has about 1000 stuffed animals in it!

My friend who is an amazing decorator sewed the curtains and window seat cushion and crib dust ruffle. She painted the room these soft colors, and painted the ribbon stencil as the dividing border. My friend who does the vinyl letters did the lettering on the wall and on the name plaques in the bathroom.

My thought is that this will be the baby room, and then when Madison gets older and wants to have her own room, she can move in here (with a few changes), and Macy can share the other room with Maya.

6 Comments:

At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable Monica. Both of the rooms are gorgeous. I LOVE that storage unit in Macy's room. Looks awesome.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

I love it when you redecorate!!!!!!!!

awesome!

i especially love the "I'm a child of God" stencil and the name plates

For me it's the little details i fall for!!!!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Love it! You have such good taste. I love the color coordination! Especially in Macy's room! Pink and green are some of my fav colors together for girls.

So cute. I love redecorating. It's one of my favorite things to do!

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Muggle Mom said...

WOW!!! you need to bring that energy to my house! i lack all decorating skills. amazing!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Bertie said...

WOW! And YOU were asking ME if I did color consults! Hellooo?? Everything is so dang cute!! I love it!!:) Now- I'm asking YOU - do YOU do color consults:)

 
At 11:27 PM , Blogger La Familia Torres said...

Your killing me now! I have no artistic ablilities what so ever. You are the perfect woman for 3 little princesses. I love it. You seem like you are in heaven!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page