Sunday, September 23, 2007

the solution to world peace

Spoiler Alert - anyone who does not find children's potty humor mildly amusing, read no further!

This afternoon, Madison and Maya were getting into it... fighting over something, I don't even remember what. There was yelling and tears and just as I was about to intervene, Madison passed gas - and loudly. Both girls collapsed into a fit of giggles, Maya started squealing "Maddy tooted!! Maddy tooted!!" and the next thing you knew, they were playing happily together with the very thing they were fighting over.

I started thinking, wouldn't it be great if all of our problems could be resolved so easily? Two powerful world leaders are sitting at a huge conference table, arguing over an impossibly complex issue, but then one of them passes gas - and loudly. The whole table bursts out laughing and they end up clasping hands and making a peaceful compromise.

8 Comments:

At 7:25 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

You crack me up Monica! Great post!

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Karie said...

Oh yeah!!! Perfect solution! I love it.
Karie

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Jonah said...

That is the best post I've read in a long time!! I love it. Happens often around here too.

I can't believe how big Maya is!! And they do look like twins! What beautiful girls.

Miss you!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger BROKEN said...

That is why people are always laughing when I am around

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Maria Tortilla said...

So funny Monica! Your girls are freaking cute. I was Telling Ben the other day that he needs to get on your site and read your cool stories. You have the best story's in the world. Your kids are super smart. and funny too. I cant wait for your next one to come in December!!

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger James Kirby said...

Great post, Monica... I'll have to remember that next time the stakes our high! I'll just fire a warning shot and hope the mood improves :)

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Bertie said...

Monica!

I can totally see you telling this story to us when you were my Beehive teacher! I always loved you the best- because you told the best stories!! You would print out the story and give each of us a copy and you would do the marker thing on the outside as a border... and I still have like EVERY story you ever gave us!!

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Oh how true! Love the post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page