Sunday, March 16, 2008

Don't let the angelic face fool you...

Today was a very eventful day for us at church! While I was holding the baby and focused on feeding her, and Warren was helping Madison with something, Maya crawled under the pew in front of us and ran into the aisle. Tasting freedom, sweet freedom, she began to run around the front of the chapel (while the speaker was speaking...) Warren walked to the back of the chapel and started to go down the aisle on the other side to get her, but when Maya saw him coming, she squealed in delight and ran the other way. Realizing there was no way that he could corner her by himself, Warren sat down next to Bro. H., who graciously offered to help. By this time, I noticed what was going on (along with at least half of the congregation, I am sure!), so I handed the baby to a friend behind us and started to get up.


But then Bro. H. came to the rescue, and Maya never had a clue what was coming! He nonchalantly walked down the aisle where Maya was running. She didn't even pay attention to him because he didn't look at her or act like he was coming for her - I am sure she just figured he was going to his seat. Just when he passed her, he reached out and grabbed her up, like a frog catching a fly! If we had been at a baseball game, it would have elicited a roar of applause from the crowd - at least I know I wanted to stand up and cheer! And the travelling high council speaker never missed a beat. So here's to our hero, Bro. H. - if not for him, we'd probably still be chasing Maya around in circles!!

9 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Oh so funny! There was a little boy 'escapee' at the Ward Conference I attended yesterday...he was running around in the choir seats before Daddy could corner him.
You told the story so well Monica...that feeling of wanting to clap was so real!!! Yeah to Bro. H!!!

 
At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS Monica. What a little ham!

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

That is so fuuny. I can see it now. The little grin on her face thinking she out witted you guys...

Thank goodness for people like Bro. H. It probably made his day helping out with such a cute little girl.

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Bertie said...

LOL!! This post cracked me up! I can totally see it all playing out too:) So funny!

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Karie said...

Parenting is soooo funny !!!!!!!! You know Bro. H. was just happy to be involved! You guys are great!

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you've been missed on your hubby's blog!

too cute.

hey how does next friday sound for a visit from auntie soosee?

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Hey Susan - sorry, I just saw this! Friday I am around after 11:30...don't know if that's too late for when you pick up B or anything. Let me know!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

she is gone on thurs.

and i just discovered that fri won't work.

so i can come tomorrow!

i'll call you later

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I have a dr appt at 9:30, but nothing besides that - would love for you to come when B could come too so the girls could see her.

Maybe next Friday? Email me instead of blog comments - I don't always think to look here if I don't have a new blog up! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page