Monday, October 13, 2008

Whoo-hoo!! On to the semifinals!!

So the final results were just posted! USA made it to the quarterfinals!! They beat Denmark 200 to 176. It may not sound like a close score, but after 4 rounds, USA was only leading by 2 points, so it really was a nailbiter this time!!

And, not that I know anything about bridge, but the match between Germany and China looks like it must have been a shocker - Germany was far and away the top scoring team in the Round Robin and in the round of 16. And in the semifinals, they were leading by 22 points halfway through, so I would have thought it was all but over for China. But China came roaring back in the final 3 rounds and won by almost 50 points - the largest margin of victory of any of the pairings!

I am not sure, but I think USA will be paired against China in the semifinals which begin tomorrow (tonight in US timezone) and will last for two days.

I am so excited for her!!

3 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monica that is awsome! China will be like "O CRAP" we haft to play Mildred Breed from team USA! We might aswell give up today!!! What came to my mind was do you remember Rocky 3 when Mr.T was asked what his prediction was on the fight with Rocky his answer was "PAIN!!!"
Mildred is going to deliver the pain!!! Sory China

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Haha Robert!!! This is one of the coolest comments I think I have ever read!!

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

So exciting! I always love to hear about your mom's adventures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page