Monday, August 25, 2008

How many squirts does it take...?

So Maddy started Kindergarten last week! She could not be happier - she adores her teacher, loves her friends, and is having a great time. There are all kinds of new responsibilities that come along with being a big kindergartener. For example, instead of having cubby holes, each child has their own desk which they are supposed to keep clean and organized. There is a spray bottle of cleaner that the kids can use to wipe down their desks after lunch or anything messy. I went to the school to pick Maya up at 1:00 and could not resist the urge to peek in on Maddy's class (they have a big window that you can look in to the room). Maddy's class doesn't get out until 2:30. So anyway, I looked in and Madison was in the process of cleaning her desk. It's a small desk, so probably needs about 2-3 squirts of cleaner to cover it enough to wipe it down. As I watch, I see her squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt.... That's right, you counted 15 squirts. It took every ounce of restraint I could muster to refrain from tapping on that window and saying "Maddy, stop!! That's enough spray!" But I somehow managed, and watched as she needed at least 5 paper towels to soak up all the excess spray. But, hey, she managed just fine without Mom's intervention, her desk was quite clean, and my little girl is learning responsibility. Next time, she may get it down to 12 squirts!!

5 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

Wow! I can't believe she's in Kindergarten. My "baby" started Jr. High yesterday...ahhh!

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Sounds like she wanted to do a REALLY good job of cleaning! I admire your self restraint of not going into her room!
Your girls are absolutely full of life and such a joy to be around. Their teachers are mighty lucky to have Maddy and Maya in their classes.

 
At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! I bet her desk was the cleanest of all!

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

That is such a sweet and cute little story. I hear you on wanting to cut in - it's so hard not to with things like this...
It's tough to let our little ones grow up.
This post made me smile.
Thanks for that!

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Karie said...

As always, Madison comes up with the funniest situations. That is so neat that she is in kindergarten now. By the way, her ballet video was so cute. I loved the part where she just stood and looked for you. So Madison!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page