Bye bye generator
So like many of you, we were without power after Hurricane Ike for an extended period of time - 12 days to be exact! I still know many families without power and am hoping they get it soon!! It is a very weird limbo feeling, waiting for your life to return to normal.Anyway, the one thing that helped us make it through was the generosity of our friends who lent us their generator which we used to power some lights, fans, refrigerator, tv, etc. The one thing about the generator though, is that it was VERY loud! The girls were always a little frightened to walk out the back door past the generator and did not want to play in the backyard when it was running.
The night we got power, our friend came by and picked up the generator and took it home, after our girls were already asleep. The next day when we got home from school we walked through the back gate to the house, but I noticed that Maya had not followed me inside. I walked back outside the house and saw that she had her arms folded and eyes closed, and was ending a little prayer. After she said Amen, I asked her what she was praying about, and she said she was thanking Heavenly Father that we didn't have that loud "fing" (thing) outside our house anymore.
That girl makes me laugh!!

3 Comments:
That's just precious. How cute! I bet she looked so cute paying right then and there.
Ok, that's super awesome that she said a little prayer! You forgot to mention that you used to own a generator but it was stolen????? thus requiring you to borrow one. Robbers are so lame!
That is the sweetest thing. What a good girl...and a good mom...she's obviously being taught good things.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home