Tuesday, October 14, 2008

quick semifinals update

So last night was amazing - I stayed up to watch Mom play the first of 6 rounds in the semifinals. After the first round they were leading by a whopping 45 points, so I went to bed around midnight with the smug assurance that they would emerge victorious in this round.

Well, the Chinese are a force to be reckoned with! In the next two rounds, the Chinese team made a fantastic comeback, and now only trail the US by 1 point, with the final 3 rounds being played tonight. Talk about a nailbiter!!!

We'll know by tomorrow how it all turns out! If they win tonight, they will be playing England in the finals (since England has all but decimated Turkey so far in their matchup) to decide first or second place, or if they lose they will be playing Turkey to determine 3rd or 4th place. At this point, no matter what the outcome, their team is in the top 4 in the world, so I am mighty proud of her. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page