Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Madison's Field Trip

Today Madison's class took a field trip to the Natural Science Museum! I went to chaperone, but the kids rode in the chartered buses, and the parents met them there. Maddy was very excited to ride on the big bus. The best thing about it in her eyes was that "There are NO seatbelts, Mom!!!"


Each of the kids was paired up with a buddy, and each pair had a mom or dad in charge of keeping them with the group. So I was with Madison and her friend Kimmy. When I met Kimmy this morning, Maddy told me "Mom! This is Kimmy. She is my best friend. I don't know how we got to be best friends - we just are!! And we're never not friends." Kimmy was adorable - very sweet to Madison and they stayed with me the whole time!


There were all kinds of fun hands-on activities. This was in part of the Snakes and Lizards exhibit, which was the main attraction today. I didn't get any pics of all the live snakes and lizards, but there were some really cool creatures there! The kids all enjoyed looking at them.


Afterward, we went outside and had a picnic lunch and then the kids played by the water fountain until the buses came back. Here's a pic of Maddy's cute class, and their teacher, Mrs. Phinney. They were wiped out after the excursion - Madison told me she fell asleep on the bus ride back to the school!


9 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

awesome, i love the kids' field trips....looks like she had a blast.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Wow, getting to ride on a 'big bus'...what a treat for those kids! Looks like it was a great time for all!

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Maria Tortilla said...

I dont think the treat was the bus ride I think it was the part where she did not have to wear seatbelts. So funny. Sounds like she had a wonderful time!

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Kimmy is adorable! She looks just like one of Elisabeth's friends, Jenny.
What a fun field trip.
Madi is so cute! Love her eyes!

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Warren's Blog said...

It's fun watching her grow. My earliest childhood memory is when I met my great grandfather in grandpa's front yard. I was 4. I wonder if Maddy has any memories that will stick with her.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

I REMEMBER MEETING AN OLD, OLD GRANDPA IN A WHEELCHAIR...I MUST HAVE BEEN 3 OR 4....WHO WAS THAT WARREN?

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Warren's Blog said...

Grandpa's dad. Do you remember his name? I guess he is the guy who used to have the chicken farm in Cslifornia.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Warren's Blog said...

I remember that he was really tall. Probably about 6'4".

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Ugh hugh! I remember that old man! For sure! He told me I looked like boy. And that was the first time I remember hating someone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page