But I wanted....
Whenever I make the kids' lunches, I put a napkin in there with a little picture and some encouraging words (hearts and happy faces, I love you Maya, Madison is special, CTR, Be kind, etc....) Madison's class gets to have an "etiquette" class once a week where a "Mannerly Cat" puppet comes and teaches them about manners and appropriate behavior. We are very excited about this! So anyway, this morning I drew a picture of a little cat on her napkin and wrote "Be a mannerly cat!" Then I showed it to Madison so she would know what it says when she sees it. She's always very excited to see what I've put on her napkin each day. She studied it for a second, and her face began to fall into this sad frown. I asked her what's wrong and she said "But Mom, I wanted you to write "Madison is the queen" today!!!"
This made me wonder, can you succeed in instilling too much self-esteem in children...? :)

3 Comments:
LOL!! I love these little moments you are sharing with all of us. It's interesting...when they happen you think you'll remember them always, but I can tell you first hand, you forget. Would have loved to have been a better journal keeper and written down more of the "kids say the darndest things" moments. Keep them coming!
Love, Deb
I just love the things that young kids say!!! Fortunatelly mine are still saying cute things, I will miss the day when they don't say funny things.
Don't worry, Karie. They are bound to always say funny things. They have Ken's genes, right?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home