Friday, October 12, 2007

A Day at Dewberry Farm!

Last weekend Warren had to attend continuing education training all day on Saturday. I wanted to take the girls somewhere really fun in the morning to spend some quality time and wear them out a bit! So we made the 45 minute drive out to Dewberry Farm. I took Maddy there before Maya was born and she had a great time, but I knew she would enjoy it even more being a little older this time, and Maya would love it too.

They have an awesome play area for the little kids....

They have a cute chicken puppet show where the chickens sing and teach the kids facts about chickens and eggs between the songs. My girls didn't want to watch the whole thing, but did enjoy watching them for a few minutes. After this we went into the barn where they have live chickens, bunnies, cow, turkeys, and pigs. I didn't get any great pictures inside there, but the girls really enjoyed seeing the live animals. They also have pig races, but that didn't go on during our visit that day.

This is a giant haystack that the kids can climb and play on. They loved it!

This corn train is pulled by a really fast tractor - the driver makes all kinds of circles and drives it over little bumps and hills - makes for a really fun ride for the kids! Believe it or not, I fit in that same cart (7 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!) right behind Madison. Little nervewracking for me when we took the tight turns but lots of fun!

This is a huge fort that has ladders and slides and tons of walkways and ramps. The girls could have stayed here all day if I had let them! I didn't mind staying quite a while at this attraction though, because they were running all over the place - great exercise!

Madison got her face painted with a rainbow and shooting star. Maya declined. :)

These are rubber duckie races. The kids put little rubber ducks in the pipes and then pump the water as fast as they can to propel the ducks to the end. They look like twins from behind, but the first picture is Maya and the second one is Madison. :)

Goofing off with the cutout frames.

Pretty backdrop for a picture.

This was on the hayride to the pumpkin patch, which was fun. This was at the end of our day and we were all pretty hot and exhausted! We did buy a big pumpkin and two little ones, but I didn't take many pictures by that point. :) We are hoping to go back with cousin Nathen next weekend when he comes to visit with my mom and sister, so I'll get some pumpkin patch pics then!

After the hayride I bought some local honey that they collect right on the farm. It is SOOO good!! I am going to have to buy more next time.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

What a great place for an outing! Just love places like that and it looks like the girls had so much fun. I love local honey...once you've had it, it's hard to go back to store bought honey. I've heard local honey is supposed to help with allergies. Love your posts...I can feel your love through the computer!!
Deb

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Stewartville est. 1995 said...

we love going to dewberry!!

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Bertie said...

Hey Mon!

I so need to take my kids out to Dewberry farm! Let me know when you are going next- and maybe we can meet up! Erin LOVES Maddy and Maya-- that is actually a HUGE understatement - she would DIE for both of them!! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page