Monster Patch, er... Pumpkin Mash
I am sure anyone who has multiple children can attest to the fact that the bickering can get a little tiresome. Our girls really are the best of friends....MOST of the time. But there are also plenty of times when they push each other's buttons and seem to do it on purpose!Currently their favorite CD to listen to in the car is this Halloween CD with a bunch of fun "spooky" songs, like Monster Mash (Maya's favorite) and Flying Purple People Eater (Madison's favorite). For the longest time, Maya called Monster Mash "the Pumpkin Patch song" - I think just because it sounds similar and we had actually gone out to the pumpkin patch at the farm the day I introduced this CD to them. Madison always thought that was so funny and would tease Maya and tell her it was the Monster Mash, not Pumpkin Patch. Well, Maya eventually caught on and started calling it by the correct name. Little Miss Maddy was not satisfied with this, because then she had nothing to tease Maya about. So NOW, whenever Maya says she wants to hear Monster Mash, Maddy says "No!! Pumpkin Patch!!" To which Maya becomes very upset and yells back "No!! Monster Mash!!" This can go back and forth ad infinitum. So this started yesterday and after I realized that this was just going to continue to escalate into higher- and higher-pitched screams, I intervened and told them to both stop arguing or I would turn the music off. They didn't stop, so I turned it off.
And how did Maya respond? "Mommy, we want to hear Pumpkin Patch!!" And there was Maddy, grinning ear to ear.

2 Comments:
LOL! What a stinker!! Brings back memories of my 3 girls...best of friends, worst of enemies all within minutes! Hope you'll post pictures of the girls costumes for Halloween...I bet they'll be cute as the dickens!
Love, Debbie
That is too cute!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home