Primary Program
We have our Primary program next Sunday at church where all the children put on the service. I am excited because this is the first year that Madison is old enough to be in the program! She will be singing songs with all the children, and also has one line: "I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." We have been practicing her line so she will be able to get up and say it slowly and loudly without having help from the adults. At first I had to help her with every couple of words until she memorized it. About the 3rd time she tried to say the whole line all the way through without my help she said "I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints of America." It was SO funny, I almost didn't want to correct her because how cute would that be if she actually said that during the program?!? But of course, I had to correct her. She received such a laugh from that, that she still says it from time to time just to see if she gets a reaction. Yesterday she took it one step further and said "I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints of America, and to the Republic for which it stands..." and proceeded to recite the rest of the Pledge of Allegiance! That was cool for me because I didn't even know that she knew the entire Pledge!
The other thing we have been working on besides memorizing is public speaking style. So we've been talking about how when we talk into the microphone we speak loudly and slowly. I was demonstrating how NOT to do it, by either talking really low and looking down so you could barely hear me, or speaking so fast that you could hardly understand me. She thought that was so funny. Yesterday they had a practice and she wanted me to come watch. I said I couldn't because they want it to be a surprise for all the parents to see how well their children do. So after church I asked her how the practice went and she demonstrated for me how she said her line - really low and soft, looking down the whole time. Her teacher intervened "No she didn't! She said it perfe---" and Madison jumped in "SHHH!!! I want to suuuuurpriiiiise her!!" She loves to play "tricks" on us.

4 Comments:
That's my Maddy!
That girl sure is packed with personality isn't she!! I'm sure she'll steal the show next Sunday:)
Thanks for taking the time to share these great stories with us...it makes the distance and time more bearable!
Love, Debbie
she is a smarty pants! What a cutie!
That is soooo funny! She is such a performer:) I bet she starts singing I love to see the Temple too! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home