Friday, October 19, 2007

75 with a chance of snow

You know your kids have been raised in Texas when....

This morning we opened the back door to go to the car to drive Madison to school. She was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, and there was a beautiful cool breeze lightly blowing. Madison took one step outside and wrapped her arms around herself and howled, shivering, "It's C-O-L-D!!!!" I said "Oh Madison, it's just because you are in the shade - it's a beautiful warm day!" She took a few steps closer to the car and looked up to me and said "Mom, really, it feels like it's snowing."

What would she do if we ever actually lived somewhere with a cold climate?!?

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

What a hoot! That so sounds like someone raised in Texas!! I remember when 65 was chilly!! I do pretty well here in Utah as long as I drag around my IV w/the antifreeze from Dec. to Feb.!! Love Maddy's darling personality!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

My kids keep talking about how it's winter here and EVERY day ask if it is going to snow today!! It's still in the high 60's!

Maddie is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page